Army jawan kills colleague in Rajouri
Jammu: In a case of fratricide, a jawan opened fire on his colleague killing him on the spot in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sepoy Ritender opened fired on his fellow colleague Sepoy Mukesh Tiwari at Rashtriya Rifles Unit in border belt of Kala in Noushera sector of the district during the intervening night of May 27-28, PRO Defence S N Acharya said.
Tiwari, resident of Allahabad, was killed on the spot, he said, adding that a court of Inquiry (CoI) has been ordered into the incident.
After the incident, Ritender has been arrested by the army officials and is being questioned.
This is second such incident in a week`s time.
On May 21, another jawan had killed two of his colleagues and injured as many others in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund
- US-EU trade deal 'risks' emerge in leak
- Thankful Centre accepted mistake of calling off talks with Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Federal Bank says done with NPAs; sounds positive about FY17