Army jawan kills colleague in Rajouri
Jammu: In a case of fratricide, a jawan opened fire on his colleague killing him on the spot in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sepoy Ritender opened fired on his fellow colleague Sepoy Mukesh Tiwari at Rashtriya Rifles Unit in border belt of Kala in Noushera sector of the district during the intervening night of May 27-28, PRO Defence S N Acharya said.
Tiwari, resident of Allahabad, was killed on the spot, he said, adding that a court of Inquiry (CoI) has been ordered into the incident.
After the incident, Ritender has been arrested by the army officials and is being questioned.
This is second such incident in a week`s time.
On May 21, another jawan had killed two of his colleagues and injured as many others in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack