Army jawan shoots self in Kashmir
Srinagar: An Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle inside a camp in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, police said on Monday.
Sepoy Sunil was on sentry duty at Wusan camp in Kangan area, 40 kms from here, when his colleagues heard a shot last night and rushed towards him, they said.
The jawan was found dead.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the sepoy used his service rifle to end his life, police said.
It was, however, not immediately known what prompted him to take the extreme step, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31