Army launches helpline for ex-servicemen at Northern Command
Jammu: Army has launched a special helpline number for ex-servicemen of Udhampur-based Northern Command in Jammu and Kashmir in effort to reach out to the retired personnel.
Army has launched the `Dhruva Ex-Servicemen` (ESM) help line at the `Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme` (ECHS) polyclinic in Udhampur-based Northern Command for the benefit of ex-servicemen, widows and veer naris, an army spokesman said.
The toll free Helpline number -- 1800-180-7018 -- can be used for complaints or to put forward their grievances, he said.
The facility will also provide updates on various schemes for ESM, Widows and Veer Naris through bulk SMSes to all post paid connections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors