Army lodges protest with Pak over ceasefire violation
Jammu: The Army on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violation along the Line of Control in Poonch district.
"We have lodged a strong protest with our Pakistani counterparts and asked them to refrain from such acts in the future", Army officials told a news agency.
He said a contact was made with the Pakistani authorities by the Army in Poonch and the protest was lodged.
Pakistani troops had yesterday targeted several Indian posts with mortars and rockets and fired indiscriminately along the LoC in Poonch.
Armed with heavy guns and rocket launchers, Pakistani troops shelled Kirpan, Kirpan one, Chajja, Kranti, Ghoda, Nangi Tikri, Mandol forward posts along LoC in Krishnaghati sub-sector of Poonch district yesterday triggering panic and fear among people living around the Borderline.
Army has also demanded a Flag Meeting at a forward post along LoC to discuss the repeated incidents of ceasefire violations and shelling on Indian posts.
Pakistani troops had earlier violated the ceasefire on October 24 and 27 in which an Army jawan was killed in Krishnagati sub-sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre