Army lodges protest with Pak over ceasefire violation
Jammu: The Army on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violation along the Line of Control in Poonch district.
"We have lodged a strong protest with our Pakistani counterparts and asked them to refrain from such acts in the future", Army officials told a news agency.
He said a contact was made with the Pakistani authorities by the Army in Poonch and the protest was lodged.
Pakistani troops had yesterday targeted several Indian posts with mortars and rockets and fired indiscriminately along the LoC in Poonch.
Armed with heavy guns and rocket launchers, Pakistani troops shelled Kirpan, Kirpan one, Chajja, Kranti, Ghoda, Nangi Tikri, Mandol forward posts along LoC in Krishnaghati sub-sector of Poonch district yesterday triggering panic and fear among people living around the Borderline.
Army has also demanded a Flag Meeting at a forward post along LoC to discuss the repeated incidents of ceasefire violations and shelling on Indian posts.
Pakistani troops had earlier violated the ceasefire on October 24 and 27 in which an Army jawan was killed in Krishnagati sub-sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today