Army Major killed in accidental grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: An Army major was killed in an
accidental grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri
district, police said on Thursday.
Major P K Jindal of 26 Rajput Regiment was engaged in
supervising some task in Ghari firing range in Noushera belt
last night, when the pin of a grenade got released resulting
in a blast, they said.
Jindal sustained critical injuries in the blast and
later died in a hospital, they said, adding that a case has
been registered in this regard.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'