Army Major killed in accidental grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: An Army major was killed in an
accidental grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri
district, police said on Thursday.
Major P K Jindal of 26 Rajput Regiment was engaged in
supervising some task in Ghari firing range in Noushera belt
last night, when the pin of a grenade got released resulting
in a blast, they said.
Jindal sustained critical injuries in the blast and
later died in a hospital, they said, adding that a case has
been registered in this regard.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere