Army Major killed in accidental grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: An Army major was killed in an
accidental grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri
district, police said on Thursday.
Major P K Jindal of 26 Rajput Regiment was engaged in
supervising some task in Ghari firing range in Noushera belt
last night, when the pin of a grenade got released resulting
in a blast, they said.
Jindal sustained critical injuries in the blast and
later died in a hospital, they said, adding that a case has
been registered in this regard.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years