Army Major killed in accidental grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: An Army major was killed in an
accidental grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri
district, police said on Thursday.
Major P K Jindal of 26 Rajput Regiment was engaged in
supervising some task in Ghari firing range in Noushera belt
last night, when the pin of a grenade got released resulting
in a blast, they said.
Jindal sustained critical injuries in the blast and
later died in a hospital, they said, adding that a case has
been registered in this regard.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand