Army Major killed in accidental grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: An Army major was killed in an
accidental grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri
district, police said on Thursday.
Major P K Jindal of 26 Rajput Regiment was engaged in
supervising some task in Ghari firing range in Noushera belt
last night, when the pin of a grenade got released resulting
in a blast, they said.
Jindal sustained critical injuries in the blast and
later died in a hospital, they said, adding that a case has
been registered in this regard.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister