Army meeting to review security situation in Jammu
Jammu: Army told held a meeting with police and administration officials to review the security situation in Jammu region.
"Security forces and intelligence agencies should
continue to maintain a high degree of synergy and professional
competency in Jammu and Kashmir," General Officer Commanding
(GOC) of 16 Corps, Lt Gen A S Nandal said at the core group
meeting at headquarters of White Knight Corps at Nagrota.
DGP Kuldeep Khoda and other senior army, police and civil
officials were present in the meeting.
Besides emphasising on zero tolerance for human rights
violations, Lt Gen Nandal also stressed on the need to remain
more vigilant in view of terrorists attempting to disrupt
peace in the region, especially during the winter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress