Army meeting to review security situation in Jammu
Jammu: Army told held a meeting with police and administration officials to review the security situation in Jammu region.
"Security forces and intelligence agencies should
continue to maintain a high degree of synergy and professional
competency in Jammu and Kashmir," General Officer Commanding
(GOC) of 16 Corps, Lt Gen A S Nandal said at the core group
meeting at headquarters of White Knight Corps at Nagrota.
DGP Kuldeep Khoda and other senior army, police and civil
officials were present in the meeting.
Besides emphasising on zero tolerance for human rights
violations, Lt Gen Nandal also stressed on the need to remain
more vigilant in view of terrorists attempting to disrupt
peace in the region, especially during the winter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO