Army officer booked in J&K for harassing wife
Jammu: Police have booked an Army officer for allegedly harassing his wife in a case of marital discord on the Court`s direction, police said on Sunday.
A case was registered against Lieutenant Colonel Anand Siddharth of Army Supply Core (ASC) by the Women Cell Police Station on the directions of a local court for allegedly harassing his wife and forcing her to leave the house.
On a complaint of the Lt Col`s wife Geetika, that the officer had harassed her and forced her out of the house after delivery of a specially-abled girl child, the court had directed the police to take action.
The victim`s father, who was also an Army officer, approached the court for justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY