Army officer booked in J&K for harassing wife
Jammu: Police have booked an Army officer for allegedly harassing his wife in a case of marital discord on the Court`s direction, police said on Sunday.
A case was registered against Lieutenant Colonel Anand Siddharth of Army Supply Core (ASC) by the Women Cell Police Station on the directions of a local court for allegedly harassing his wife and forcing her to leave the house.
On a complaint of the Lt Col`s wife Geetika, that the officer had harassed her and forced her out of the house after delivery of a specially-abled girl child, the court had directed the police to take action.
The victim`s father, who was also an Army officer, approached the court for justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video