Army officer charred to death in J&K
Srinagar: An Army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said Saturday.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter -insurgency 5 Para unit of the Army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from here, last night.
Other Army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said.
A short circuit apparently triggered the fire. Army authorities are probing the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test