Army officer commits suicide in Kashmir
Srinagar: A junior commissioned officer (JCO) of the Rashtriya Rifles Friday killed himself in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Subedar Surinder Singh of 2 Rashtriya Rifles shot himself with his service rifle inside the Army camp in Soibug village, police sources said.
The incident came a day after a trooper of another Rashtriya Rifles camp in Ganderbal district killed five colleagues and injured another before committing suicide.
The Army has already ordered a court of inquiry into Thursday`s firing at the camp in Safapora (Manasbal) area of Ganderbal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price