Army officer commits suicide in Kashmir
Srinagar: A junior commissioned officer (JCO) of the Rashtriya Rifles Friday killed himself in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Subedar Surinder Singh of 2 Rashtriya Rifles shot himself with his service rifle inside the Army camp in Soibug village, police sources said.
The incident came a day after a trooper of another Rashtriya Rifles camp in Ganderbal district killed five colleagues and injured another before committing suicide.
The Army has already ordered a court of inquiry into Thursday`s firing at the camp in Safapora (Manasbal) area of Ganderbal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert