Army official`s car seized for use of tinted glass in J&K
Jammu: The car of an Army officer was seized by police today for the use of tinted glass in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district, about 150 kms from here.
The private vehicle of the Army officer was seized during a checking at Noushera belt of Rajouri, a police officer said.
"The vehicle was seized under Motor Vehicle Act for the use of tinted glass," the official said, adding that no case has been registered in this regard.
Major Utsav and his wife, Captain Urvi were travelling in a private Alto car to Nowshera and it was stopped at check post at Noushera, sources said.
According to media reports, during the seizure of?the car, there was scuffle between policemen and Army jawans, who came there from a local unit after getting a call from the Major.
SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latifee, however, denied any scuffle between the police and army jawans.
Meanwhile, Defence spokesman S N Acharya in a statement late tonight said, "There was an incident of stopping a car of an Army Major by?police over tinted glasses at Nowshera today.
"The officer who was travelling with his wife and one year old daughter has deposited his car at police station".
The spokesman added,?"There was no physical altercation between Army and?policemen at that place.
As per initial investigation by Army, reports about the attack on police naka party are incorrect", spokesman said.
The Army has ordered an inquiry into this incident, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal