Army organises Kashmir students` visit to Mumbai
Mumbai: Twenty students from border areas of Naoshera tehsil in Kashmir`s Rajouri district visited Mumbai as part of an educational-cum-motivational tour.
The tour, "Carvan-e-Hind", was organised last week by the Army`s Ace of Spades Division and Naoshera Brigade.
During the tour, students visited landmarks like Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Mahalakshmi temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Nehru Planetarium and Taraporevala Aquarium.
As these places are rich with national heritage and educational value, the tour provided the students a great opportunity to see development in Mumbai and also instill a sense of awareness and national pride, an official release said.
Parents of these students expressed their gratitude towards the Indian Army for giving an opportunity to their children to see other parts of the country which would otherwise not have been possible, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends