Army organises Kashmir students` visit to Mumbai
Mumbai: Twenty students from border areas of Naoshera tehsil in Kashmir`s Rajouri district visited Mumbai as part of an educational-cum-motivational tour.
The tour, "Carvan-e-Hind", was organised last week by the Army`s Ace of Spades Division and Naoshera Brigade.
During the tour, students visited landmarks like Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Mahalakshmi temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Nehru Planetarium and Taraporevala Aquarium.
As these places are rich with national heritage and educational value, the tour provided the students a great opportunity to see development in Mumbai and also instill a sense of awareness and national pride, an official release said.
Parents of these students expressed their gratitude towards the Indian Army for giving an opportunity to their children to see other parts of the country which would otherwise not have been possible, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know