Army pays homage to martyr soldier in LoC
Jammu: Army on Wednesday paid homage to the jawan, who was killed yesterday when Pakistani troops opened fire at forward posts along the Line of Control in Poonch sector.
A ceremony was held today at Rajouri to pay tributes to Lance Naik Mohd Firoz Khan of Rashtriya Rifles Battalion and homage was paid on behalf of the Northern Army Commander and General Officer Commanding, White Knight Corps.
General Officer Commanding of the Counter Insurgency Force (Romeo) and the Ace of Spades Division, along with other Army officials, laid wreaths as a mark of honour to the brave soldier.
Colleagues describe Lance Naik Khan as a fearless and dedicated soldier.
"He did not falter even in the face of heavy firing, while maintaining a steadfast vigil on the Line of Control," said a colleague.
The 31-year-old soldier was a resident of Hyderabad and is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video