`Army prepared to meet any situation in J&K this summer`
Nagrota: Army on Thursday said its troops
are prepared to meet any cross-border infiltration attempts
and unrest in the summer period in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We are thoroughly prepared for summer season (in the
Kashmir Valley)," General Officer, Commanding-In-Chief
(GOC-in-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik told
reporters on the sidelines of a conference here.
On questions regarding the security in Kashmir and
possibility of a repeat of the last year`s summer unrest, Lt
Gen Parnaik said "hopefully we should be able to manage it".
Regarding militancy, the GOC-in-C said that security
situation has bettered and militancy level is low. "Let me say
for the last few months in Jammu and Kashmir, violence and
militancy parameters have been down. The security forces have
managed very well," he said.
Referring to infiltrations, he said "infiltration has
not started till recently. But there are indications that
infiltration is likely to commence as snow-levels have come
down. We are intercepting messages about the attempts to
infiltrate from the traditional routes".
To a question about Pakistan`s involvement in aiding
and abetting terrorism, he said "Pakistan has always
calibrated infiltrations and violence in Jammu and Kashmir".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal