Army recovers arms, ammunition in Rajouri
Jammu: The army Saturday busted a guerrilla hideout in Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a large cache of arms and ammunition, an official said.
"A large cache of arms and ammunition was recovered by 60 Rashtriya Rifles personnel from Samot area of Rajouri district at 2 p.m. today (Saturday), defence ministry spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS here.
The recovered items include one AK-47 rifle, three AK-47 magazines, three Chinese grenades, 139 rounds of AK-47 and one wireless set.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed