Army recovers arms, ammunition in Rajouri
Jammu: The army Saturday busted a guerrilla hideout in Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a large cache of arms and ammunition, an official said.
"A large cache of arms and ammunition was recovered by 60 Rashtriya Rifles personnel from Samot area of Rajouri district at 2 p.m. today (Saturday), defence ministry spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS here.
The recovered items include one AK-47 rifle, three AK-47 magazines, three Chinese grenades, 139 rounds of AK-47 and one wireless set.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini