Army seeks flag meeting over ceasefire violation at LoC
Jammu: The Army has sought a `Brigade Commander` level flag meeting with its Pakistan counterpart along the Line of Control (LoC) in the wake of killing of two jawans and injuries to four others in firing during ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops.
"We have sent a hotline message to Pakistan Army and called for a Brigade commander-level flag meeting to discuss the issues of increasing incidents of firing and ceasefire violations in Poonch sector", a senior Army officer told reporters.
The message has been sent to Pakistani authorities yesterday and they were asked to convey the timings of the meeting within two days, he said.
The issue is serious in view of the fact that two jawans have been killed and four others injured in direct firing on them by Pakistan troops, unseen in the past, the senior official said.
The two jawans, including one of BSF, were killed and four others injured in the firing by Pakistan troops in four ceasefire violations since June 11 to June 16 along the LoC in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Usually, a commandant-level flag meeting is held on the LoC to sort out the differences, but this time we have called for Brigade Commander level meeting, he said.
Earlier, Pakistan had cancelled Commandant (Col) level meeting on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch on June 16 without assigning any reason.
Pakistani troops this time directly fired on Army troops guarding the borderline in Poonch unlike in the past when they used to target posts, the official said adding it was a serious issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!