Army seeks flag meeting over ceasefire violation at LoC
Jammu: The Army has sought a `Brigade Commander` level flag meeting with its Pakistan counterpart along the Line of Control (LoC) in the wake of killing of two jawans and injuries to four others in firing during ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops.
"We have sent a hotline message to Pakistan Army and called for a Brigade commander-level flag meeting to discuss the issues of increasing incidents of firing and ceasefire violations in Poonch sector", a senior Army officer told reporters.
The message has been sent to Pakistani authorities yesterday and they were asked to convey the timings of the meeting within two days, he said.
The issue is serious in view of the fact that two jawans have been killed and four others injured in direct firing on them by Pakistan troops, unseen in the past, the senior official said.
The two jawans, including one of BSF, were killed and four others injured in the firing by Pakistan troops in four ceasefire violations since June 11 to June 16 along the LoC in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Usually, a commandant-level flag meeting is held on the LoC to sort out the differences, but this time we have called for Brigade Commander level meeting, he said.
Earlier, Pakistan had cancelled Commandant (Col) level meeting on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch on June 16 without assigning any reason.
Pakistani troops this time directly fired on Army troops guarding the borderline in Poonch unlike in the past when they used to target posts, the official said adding it was a serious issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren