Army seizes biggest cache of arms, ammunition with 60 kg RDX this year in Jammu
Jammu: In a major breakthrough, Army busted a militant hideout on Sunday and seized a war-like cache of arms and explosives, including 60 kgs of RDX and 104 explosive devices, in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops of Rastriya Rifles, on a specific information, launched a massive search operation in Keshwan forest belt of Kishtwar district, Ministry of Defence spokesperson M Mehta said here today.
"This is the biggest recovery made by the troops this year in Jammu region and perhaps the largest one in the past few years in Kishtwar," he said.
A big haul of arms, ammunition and explosives, including 60 kgs of RDX, one kg of Russian Marking explosive, 2 kgs of unidentified explosives, one AK series rifle, one plain rifle, three 12-bore rifles, two pistols were recovered from the hideout, he said.
Besides this, the troops also recovered 104 explosive devices, including 43 hand grenades, 3 Rocket Projectile Grenades (RPGs), 40 detonators and 19 UBGL grenades, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day