Army sends 23 girl students on educational tour
Jammu: Army on Monday sent a group of 23 girl students of Poonch district on an educational-cum-motivational tour under `Operation Sadbhavana`.
The 15-day tour named "Deedar-e-Watan- Kashmir se Kanyakumari" was flagged off by Family Welfare Organisation (FWO) president Harshita Rajeshwar from Palma in Rajouri district, a defence spokesman said here.
The tour has been organised by the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion under the aegis of Counter Insurgency Force (Romeo), he added.
These college students are scheduled to visit New Delhi, Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Kanyakumari and Trivandrum, wherein they will learn about the varied culture and heritage of the country and explore opportunities for growth available to them in rest of the country, he said.
During the tour, they will also get the opportunity to interact with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Kerala Governor, AICC president Sonia Gandhi, Union minister Salman Khurshid, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, cricketers Mohammad Azharuddin and Rahul Dravid, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack