Army sends 23 girl students on educational tour
Jammu: Army on Monday sent a group of 23 girl students of Poonch district on an educational-cum-motivational tour under `Operation Sadbhavana`.
The 15-day tour named "Deedar-e-Watan- Kashmir se Kanyakumari" was flagged off by Family Welfare Organisation (FWO) president Harshita Rajeshwar from Palma in Rajouri district, a defence spokesman said here.
The tour has been organised by the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion under the aegis of Counter Insurgency Force (Romeo), he added.
These college students are scheduled to visit New Delhi, Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Kanyakumari and Trivandrum, wherein they will learn about the varied culture and heritage of the country and explore opportunities for growth available to them in rest of the country, he said.
During the tour, they will also get the opportunity to interact with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Kerala Governor, AICC president Sonia Gandhi, Union minister Salman Khurshid, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, cricketers Mohammad Azharuddin and Rahul Dravid, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Whoa! Rani Mukerji, baby Adira set to star in Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre'?
- Australia recall Moises Henriques, Mitchell Starc for Sri Lanka tour
- NEET: What does signing of ordinance really mean for medical aspirants - Know here in 3 points
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Five things you must know about schizophrenia!