Army sends 23 girl students on educational tour
Jammu: Army on Monday sent a group of 23 girl students of Poonch district on an educational-cum-motivational tour under `Operation Sadbhavana`.
The 15-day tour named "Deedar-e-Watan- Kashmir se Kanyakumari" was flagged off by Family Welfare Organisation (FWO) president Harshita Rajeshwar from Palma in Rajouri district, a defence spokesman said here.
The tour has been organised by the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion under the aegis of Counter Insurgency Force (Romeo), he added.
These college students are scheduled to visit New Delhi, Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Kanyakumari and Trivandrum, wherein they will learn about the varied culture and heritage of the country and explore opportunities for growth available to them in rest of the country, he said.
During the tour, they will also get the opportunity to interact with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Kerala Governor, AICC president Sonia Gandhi, Union minister Salman Khurshid, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, cricketers Mohammad Azharuddin and Rahul Dravid, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital