Army sends 23 students on tour from Poonch
Jammu: Army has sent a group of 23 students from the remote border district of Poonch on a 10-day educational-cum-motivational tour under "Operation Sadbhavana".
The tour was flagged off by Officiating General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division from Mendhar tehsil of the district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here Monday.
The aim of the tour is to spread the message of peace, harmony and national integration, he said adding that this will also provide an exposure to the students about the pace of development in economy and education in other parts of the country.
They will visit some of the best known places at Chennai and Bangalore like Birla Planetorium, Periyar Science and Technology Museum, Fort Saint George, Marina Beach, Film Studio, Bangalore Science Museum, Bangalore Air Force Station, Infosys, HAL and Chhinaswami Stadium, he said.
During this visit, these children will also witness the passing out parade at OTA, Chennai.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note