Army sends 23 students on tour from Poonch
Jammu: Army has sent a group of 23 students from the remote border district of Poonch on a 10-day educational-cum-motivational tour under "Operation Sadbhavana".
The tour was flagged off by Officiating General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division from Mendhar tehsil of the district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here Monday.
The aim of the tour is to spread the message of peace, harmony and national integration, he said adding that this will also provide an exposure to the students about the pace of development in economy and education in other parts of the country.
They will visit some of the best known places at Chennai and Bangalore like Birla Planetorium, Periyar Science and Technology Museum, Fort Saint George, Marina Beach, Film Studio, Bangalore Science Museum, Bangalore Air Force Station, Infosys, HAL and Chhinaswami Stadium, he said.
During this visit, these children will also witness the passing out parade at OTA, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India