Army sends 23 students on tour from Poonch
Jammu: Army has sent a group of 23 students from the remote border district of Poonch on a 10-day educational-cum-motivational tour under "Operation Sadbhavana".
The tour was flagged off by Officiating General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division from Mendhar tehsil of the district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here Monday.
The aim of the tour is to spread the message of peace, harmony and national integration, he said adding that this will also provide an exposure to the students about the pace of development in economy and education in other parts of the country.
They will visit some of the best known places at Chennai and Bangalore like Birla Planetorium, Periyar Science and Technology Museum, Fort Saint George, Marina Beach, Film Studio, Bangalore Science Museum, Bangalore Air Force Station, Infosys, HAL and Chhinaswami Stadium, he said.
During this visit, these children will also witness the passing out parade at OTA, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video