Army sends 23 students on tour from Poonch
Jammu: Army has sent a group of 23 students from the remote border district of Poonch on a 10-day educational-cum-motivational tour under "Operation Sadbhavana".
The tour was flagged off by Officiating General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division from Mendhar tehsil of the district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here Monday.
The aim of the tour is to spread the message of peace, harmony and national integration, he said adding that this will also provide an exposure to the students about the pace of development in economy and education in other parts of the country.
They will visit some of the best known places at Chennai and Bangalore like Birla Planetorium, Periyar Science and Technology Museum, Fort Saint George, Marina Beach, Film Studio, Bangalore Science Museum, Bangalore Air Force Station, Infosys, HAL and Chhinaswami Stadium, he said.
During this visit, these children will also witness the passing out parade at OTA, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead