Army to buy 49 mini unmanned aerial vehicles for J&K
Jammu: Army`s Northern Command has issued a global tender for procuring latest miniature unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for gathering intelligence and carry out reconnaissance of areas along Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and Sino-India border.
In the wake of frequent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC), General Officer Commanding-in-Chief (GoC-in-C) Northern Command has issued Request for Proposal (RFP) tender recently for procurement of 49 NK Mini-UAVs for the Army units deployed in Northern Command theatre in J&K.
The bids are invited from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)of Defence Procurement Manual 2009 or Permanent Registered Authorised Distributors of OEM, a senior officer of Electric and Mechanical Engineers (EMA) Branch at Northern Command Headquarter, said.
Mini UAVs, which will serve as an electronic eyes to Army troops in most sensitive Northern theatre, for gathering intelligence and carrying out reconnaissance of areas along LoC with Pakistan and Sino-India border in Lakdah besides some specialised counter terrorist operations in J&K.
The procurement of Mini-UAVs have become all the more important in view of the fact that Jammu and Kashmir`s LoC and International Border (IB) has become `hot and active` with Pakistani troops` ceasefire violation due to firing, infiltration bids, BAT attacks on forward posts and sniping incidents on Indian forward posts on regular basis since August this year.
This year has witnessed several fold increase in the ceasefire violations as Pakistani troops violated border truce more than 130 times along LoC in J&K -highest in past eight years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?