Army to get heavy duty scanners in J&K
Jammu: The Army is planning to procure heavy-duty scanners to enhance the security level at its various units and transit camps in Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s Northern Command Headquarters have recently floated Request for Proposal (RFP) for procurement of at least 11 heavy-duty scanners for important locations in the Northern Command Theatre, according to a senior Army official.
The Heavy-Duty Baggage Scanners will enhance the security-level at Army units and transit camps at various places, the official said, adding that they are high-sensitivity scanners.
Army is running several transit camps and units in high militancy-hit areas of Jammu and Kashmir, where there is always a threat of passage of suspected explosive material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie