Army to get heavy duty scanners in J&K
Jammu: The Army is planning to procure heavy-duty scanners to enhance the security level at its various units and transit camps in Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s Northern Command Headquarters have recently floated Request for Proposal (RFP) for procurement of at least 11 heavy-duty scanners for important locations in the Northern Command Theatre, according to a senior Army official.
The Heavy-Duty Baggage Scanners will enhance the security-level at Army units and transit camps at various places, the official said, adding that they are high-sensitivity scanners.
Army is running several transit camps and units in high militancy-hit areas of Jammu and Kashmir, where there is always a threat of passage of suspected explosive material.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!