Army to organise fair at Kargil on Sep 3
Jammu: In a goodwill gesture, Army is going to organise a fair at Kargil in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir on September 3.
A series of events have been planned to mark the event which will also aim to showcase the country`s military prowess, a defence spokesman said here on Friday.
The event is also expected to go a long way in fostering and strengthening the strong bond between people of the region and Indian Army, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir