Armyman killed after being struck by lightning
Srinagar: An Armyman was killed when lightning struck a forward post in Keran sector near the Line of Control in Kupwara district of Kashmir, official sources said on Thursday.
Rifleman Kamal Kumar died on the spot as lightning struck his picket at Akaash post in Keran sector on the intervening night of March 20 and 21, the sources said.
Kashmir Valley was gripped by unprecedented storms on Monday and Tuesday that resulted in death of three persons and injuries to over 20 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony