Armyman killed after being struck by lightning
Srinagar: An Armyman was killed when lightning struck a forward post in Keran sector near the Line of Control in Kupwara district of Kashmir, official sources said on Thursday.
Rifleman Kamal Kumar died on the spot as lightning struck his picket at Akaash post in Keran sector on the intervening night of March 20 and 21, the sources said.
Kashmir Valley was gripped by unprecedented storms on Monday and Tuesday that resulted in death of three persons and injuries to over 20 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you