Armyman killed after being struck by lightning
Srinagar: An Armyman was killed when lightning struck a forward post in Keran sector near the Line of Control in Kupwara district of Kashmir, official sources said on Thursday.
Rifleman Kamal Kumar died on the spot as lightning struck his picket at Akaash post in Keran sector on the intervening night of March 20 and 21, the sources said.
Kashmir Valley was gripped by unprecedented storms on Monday and Tuesday that resulted in death of three persons and injuries to over 20 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!
- Five key moments at the Democratic convention Arrived
- PoK continues to remains tense over rigged election; locals burn Pakistani flag in Neelam Valley