Army`s Bawan Brigade celebrates golden jubilee
Jammu: The Bawan Brigade of the Indian Army, which has fought in all wars since it was raised in 1963, on Friday celebrated its "golden jubilee".
The Brigade was raised on September 13, 1963 at Dalhouise and its personnel had participated in `Operation Grand Slam`, `Operation Cactus Lily` and `Operation Vijay`, defence spokesman S N Acharya said here.
Presently, the Brigade is deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir and continues to render service to the nation, he said.
On the occasion, General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Crossed Swords Division along with several veterans released a First Day Cover.
A large number of veterans, who had served with the formation, attended the ceremony, the spokesman said.
The veterans and guests were taken on a tour of the forward areas, allowing them to experience the sights and sounds of Chenab Plains, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind