Army`s Bawan Brigade celebrates golden jubilee
Jammu: The Bawan Brigade of the Indian Army, which has fought in all wars since it was raised in 1963, on Friday celebrated its "golden jubilee".
The Brigade was raised on September 13, 1963 at Dalhouise and its personnel had participated in `Operation Grand Slam`, `Operation Cactus Lily` and `Operation Vijay`, defence spokesman S N Acharya said here.
Presently, the Brigade is deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir and continues to render service to the nation, he said.
On the occasion, General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Crossed Swords Division along with several veterans released a First Day Cover.
A large number of veterans, who had served with the formation, attended the ceremony, the spokesman said.
The veterans and guests were taken on a tour of the forward areas, allowing them to experience the sights and sounds of Chenab Plains, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH