Army`s Opn Sadbhavna ushers in new life in Ladakh
Kolkata: The Army`s `Operation Sadbhavna`
in Ladakh has been able to usher in a new lease of life for
many children and has ensured development in 190 villages with
a population of 1.09 lakh along the 265 km border with PoK.
"The theme of the movement is the progress of the
nation through building up confidence in the areas with the
avowed objective of winning hearts of the people to overcome
circumstances," Lt Anubhav Tiwari of the Seventh Sikh Light
Infantry of 166 brigade of Indian army said today.
Lt Tiwari said that the local population in Ladakh
has created mass awareness among students living along the
border with PoK.
He escorted 25 students, between the age of 17 and 18,
from Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir here as part of
The operation, the world’s first civilian initiative
to help and initiate peace through education and development,
"has been successful in forestalling militancy in Ladakh,
which is now a militancy-free zone," the students said.
"Any unknown face cannot escape the eyes of the
locals. Information is immediately conveyed to the police. The
confidence of the people is the lifeline of the armed forces
operating on the borders," the students said.
The thrust areas of the operation include primary
education through a network of 16 Sadbhavana schools.
Belle Vue clinic and Priyamvada Birla Aravind Eye
Hospital of the M P Birla Group, are partners in the mission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani