Army`s Opn Sadbhavna ushers in new life in Ladakh
Kolkata: The Army`s `Operation Sadbhavna`
in Ladakh has been able to usher in a new lease of life for
many children and has ensured development in 190 villages with
a population of 1.09 lakh along the 265 km border with PoK.
"The theme of the movement is the progress of the
nation through building up confidence in the areas with the
avowed objective of winning hearts of the people to overcome
circumstances," Lt Anubhav Tiwari of the Seventh Sikh Light
Infantry of 166 brigade of Indian army said today.
Lt Tiwari said that the local population in Ladakh
has created mass awareness among students living along the
border with PoK.
He escorted 25 students, between the age of 17 and 18,
from Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir here as part of
The operation, the world’s first civilian initiative
to help and initiate peace through education and development,
"has been successful in forestalling militancy in Ladakh,
which is now a militancy-free zone," the students said.
"Any unknown face cannot escape the eyes of the
locals. Information is immediately conveyed to the police. The
confidence of the people is the lifeline of the armed forces
operating on the borders," the students said.
The thrust areas of the operation include primary
education through a network of 16 Sadbhavana schools.
Belle Vue clinic and Priyamvada Birla Aravind Eye
Hospital of the M P Birla Group, are partners in the mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket