Around 200 injured during past week in J&K clashes
Srinagar: Nearly 200 people, including 109 policemen and 73 CRPF personnel, were injured in clashes between stone-pelters and law enforcing agencies in four districts of Kashmir over the past week, police said on Friday.
The clashes were witnessed in Anantnag, Pulwama, Shopian and Kulgam districts during the past few days, a police spokesman said, adding about 192 persons were injured in them.
All the four districts fall in South Kashmir.
As many as 103 vehicles, including 35 of police, 45 of CRPF and three state government vehicles apart from 18 private cars and two tourist vehicles were damaged in stone pelting in these districts, he said.
Widespread protests and stone-pelting incidents were reported from many parts of the Valley since the death of a Kashmiri student in Hyderabad.
Mudasir Kamran (29) was found hanging on March 2 inside his hostel room in Osmania University campus where he was pursuing PhD.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!