‘Around 2,500 militants camping in PoK, Pakistan’
Jammu: A top Army Commander on Sunday said
nearly 2,500 militants were camping in terrorist training
camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Some 300 ultras were also camping in launching pads in
Pakistan and PoK, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief,
Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here.
"Camps in PoK and Pakistan have 2,000 to 2,500
terrorists as per our own sources. However, in launching
pads (along the borderline with Pakistan) they are around 300
or so," he said.
On the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, the
Army Commander said it was good.
"Violence parameters have been down in 2011. Last year
was a fruitful year. We had a fair amount of peace in the
state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?