‘Around 2,500 militants camping in PoK, Pakistan’
Jammu: A top Army Commander on Sunday said
nearly 2,500 militants were camping in terrorist training
camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Some 300 ultras were also camping in launching pads in
Pakistan and PoK, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief,
Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here.
"Camps in PoK and Pakistan have 2,000 to 2,500
terrorists as per our own sources. However, in launching
pads (along the borderline with Pakistan) they are around 300
or so," he said.
On the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, the
Army Commander said it was good.
"Violence parameters have been down in 2011. Last year
was a fruitful year. We had a fair amount of peace in the
state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India