‘Around 2,500 militants camping in PoK, Pakistan’
Jammu: A top Army Commander on Sunday said
nearly 2,500 militants were camping in terrorist training
camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Some 300 ultras were also camping in launching pads in
Pakistan and PoK, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief,
Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here.
"Camps in PoK and Pakistan have 2,000 to 2,500
terrorists as per our own sources. However, in launching
pads (along the borderline with Pakistan) they are around 300
or so," he said.
On the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, the
Army Commander said it was good.
"Violence parameters have been down in 2011. Last year
was a fruitful year. We had a fair amount of peace in the
state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!