Arrest warrant against top forest official in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has
issued an arrest warrant against a senior Forest department
official here for not complying with an order asking him to
appear before it in connection with the hearing of a petition.
"In view of above, let the presence of the respondents
(Principal Chief Conservator Forests R D Tiwari) be served
through bailable warrant of arrest to the tune of Rs 100000
with one surety of the like amount," Justice Virender Singh
said in his order passed on Saturday.
The court directed the Senior Superintendent of Police
concerned to ensure that the warrant against Tiwari is
The official had failed to appear in person before the
high court on April 12, the scheduled date for hearing, in the
petition filed by Forester Abdul Rehman Lone who had
challenged elevation of an "ineligible" candidate to the post
of Range Officer Grade (II).
Counsel for the petitioner had pleaded that despite
court order of March 29, served upon Tiwari personally through
the petitioners, he has neither filed the compliance report
nor statement of facts.
Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir had directed the PCCF to
appear in person before the court on April 12 but the official
had failed to comply with the order.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!