Arrest warrant against top forest official in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has
issued an arrest warrant against a senior Forest department
official here for not complying with an order asking him to
appear before it in connection with the hearing of a petition.
"In view of above, let the presence of the respondents
(Principal Chief Conservator Forests R D Tiwari) be served
through bailable warrant of arrest to the tune of Rs 100000
with one surety of the like amount," Justice Virender Singh
said in his order passed on Saturday.
The court directed the Senior Superintendent of Police
concerned to ensure that the warrant against Tiwari is
The official had failed to appear in person before the
high court on April 12, the scheduled date for hearing, in the
petition filed by Forester Abdul Rehman Lone who had
challenged elevation of an "ineligible" candidate to the post
of Range Officer Grade (II).
Counsel for the petitioner had pleaded that despite
court order of March 29, served upon Tiwari personally through
the petitioners, he has neither filed the compliance report
nor statement of facts.
Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir had directed the PCCF to
appear in person before the court on April 12 but the official
had failed to comply with the order.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor