Arrest warrant against top forest official in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has
issued an arrest warrant against a senior Forest department
official here for not complying with an order asking him to
appear before it in connection with the hearing of a petition.
"In view of above, let the presence of the respondents
(Principal Chief Conservator Forests R D Tiwari) be served
through bailable warrant of arrest to the tune of Rs 100000
with one surety of the like amount," Justice Virender Singh
said in his order passed on Saturday.
The court directed the Senior Superintendent of Police
concerned to ensure that the warrant against Tiwari is
The official had failed to appear in person before the
high court on April 12, the scheduled date for hearing, in the
petition filed by Forester Abdul Rehman Lone who had
challenged elevation of an "ineligible" candidate to the post
of Range Officer Grade (II).
Counsel for the petitioner had pleaded that despite
court order of March 29, served upon Tiwari personally through
the petitioners, he has neither filed the compliance report
nor statement of facts.
Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir had directed the PCCF to
appear in person before the court on April 12 but the official
had failed to comply with the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`