Arrest warrant against top forest official in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has
issued an arrest warrant against a senior Forest department
official here for not complying with an order asking him to
appear before it in connection with the hearing of a petition.
"In view of above, let the presence of the respondents
(Principal Chief Conservator Forests R D Tiwari) be served
through bailable warrant of arrest to the tune of Rs 100000
with one surety of the like amount," Justice Virender Singh
said in his order passed on Saturday.
The court directed the Senior Superintendent of Police
concerned to ensure that the warrant against Tiwari is
The official had failed to appear in person before the
high court on April 12, the scheduled date for hearing, in the
petition filed by Forester Abdul Rehman Lone who had
challenged elevation of an "ineligible" candidate to the post
of Range Officer Grade (II).
Counsel for the petitioner had pleaded that despite
court order of March 29, served upon Tiwari personally through
the petitioners, he has neither filed the compliance report
nor statement of facts.
Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir had directed the PCCF to
appear in person before the court on April 12 but the official
had failed to comply with the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?