Arrest warrant against top forest official in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has
issued an arrest warrant against a senior Forest department
official here for not complying with an order asking him to
appear before it in connection with the hearing of a petition.
"In view of above, let the presence of the respondents
(Principal Chief Conservator Forests R D Tiwari) be served
through bailable warrant of arrest to the tune of Rs 100000
with one surety of the like amount," Justice Virender Singh
said in his order passed on Saturday.
The court directed the Senior Superintendent of Police
concerned to ensure that the warrant against Tiwari is
The official had failed to appear in person before the
high court on April 12, the scheduled date for hearing, in the
petition filed by Forester Abdul Rehman Lone who had
challenged elevation of an "ineligible" candidate to the post
of Range Officer Grade (II).
Counsel for the petitioner had pleaded that despite
court order of March 29, served upon Tiwari personally through
the petitioners, he has neither filed the compliance report
nor statement of facts.
Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir had directed the PCCF to
appear in person before the court on April 12 but the official
had failed to comply with the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore