At least 1100 people killed, 8199 injured in road accidents in J&K
Jammu: More people have been killed in road accidents than in the militancy-related incidents in Jammu and Kashmir in 2009, according to state Home department.
As many as 1100 people were killed and 8199 persons were injured in 5945 road accidents last year in Jammu and Kashmir, while 398 people were killed and over 300 injured in 1251 militancy-related incidents, it said in a data.
As compared to 2009, 950 people were killed and 7597 were injured in 5236 road mishaps in 2008, the data said.
Of 1100 people killed in road accidents in 2009, 781 died and 5149 were injured in 3869 road accidents in Jammu region while 319 people died and 3050 were injured in 2076 accidents in Kashmir region, it said.
Jammu district recorded the highest 197 deaths and 1679 injured in 1535 road accidents. Doda follows with 131 deaths and 319 injuries in 156 road accidents during the period.
Similarly, 107 people were killed and 588 injured in 388 mishaps in Kathua district followed by Handwara district of North Kashmir with lowest deaths -- 5 people were killed and 116 injured in 48 road mishaps. Pulwama district follows with 6 deaths and 91 injuries, the data said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal