ATM robbery: One held, currency chest recovered
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested an alleged member of the gang that made away with an ATM containing over Rs 4 lakh in Nanak Nagar area here.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted raids and arrested Kalla, a resident of Chinnor Farms (Chadgaali), SSP Jammu Atul Goel told reporters.
The currency chest of the ATM was recovered intact in a heap of cowdung near the hut of one of the accused identified as Chedu in Meen Sarkaar near Sarore Adda, he said.
On December 27, a gang entered the Punjab National Bank ATM at Sector 7, Nanak Nagar and decamped with the ATM containing a cash of Rs 4.01 lakh, he added.
The hunt for the rest of the members of the gang is on, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog