ATM robbery: One held, currency chest recovered
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested an alleged member of the gang that made away with an ATM containing over Rs 4 lakh in Nanak Nagar area here.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted raids and arrested Kalla, a resident of Chinnor Farms (Chadgaali), SSP Jammu Atul Goel told reporters.
The currency chest of the ATM was recovered intact in a heap of cowdung near the hut of one of the accused identified as Chedu in Meen Sarkaar near Sarore Adda, he said.
On December 27, a gang entered the Punjab National Bank ATM at Sector 7, Nanak Nagar and decamped with the ATM containing a cash of Rs 4.01 lakh, he added.
The hunt for the rest of the members of the gang is on, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees