ATM robbery: One held, currency chest recovered
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested an alleged member of the gang that made away with an ATM containing over Rs 4 lakh in Nanak Nagar area here.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted raids and arrested Kalla, a resident of Chinnor Farms (Chadgaali), SSP Jammu Atul Goel told reporters.
The currency chest of the ATM was recovered intact in a heap of cowdung near the hut of one of the accused identified as Chedu in Meen Sarkaar near Sarore Adda, he said.
On December 27, a gang entered the Punjab National Bank ATM at Sector 7, Nanak Nagar and decamped with the ATM containing a cash of Rs 4.01 lakh, he added.
The hunt for the rest of the members of the gang is on, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket