ATM robbery: One held, currency chest recovered
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested an alleged member of the gang that made away with an ATM containing over Rs 4 lakh in Nanak Nagar area here.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted raids and arrested Kalla, a resident of Chinnor Farms (Chadgaali), SSP Jammu Atul Goel told reporters.
The currency chest of the ATM was recovered intact in a heap of cowdung near the hut of one of the accused identified as Chedu in Meen Sarkaar near Sarore Adda, he said.
On December 27, a gang entered the Punjab National Bank ATM at Sector 7, Nanak Nagar and decamped with the ATM containing a cash of Rs 4.01 lakh, he added.
The hunt for the rest of the members of the gang is on, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw