ATM robbery: One held, currency chest recovered
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested an alleged member of the gang that made away with an ATM containing over Rs 4 lakh in Nanak Nagar area here.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted raids and arrested Kalla, a resident of Chinnor Farms (Chadgaali), SSP Jammu Atul Goel told reporters.
The currency chest of the ATM was recovered intact in a heap of cowdung near the hut of one of the accused identified as Chedu in Meen Sarkaar near Sarore Adda, he said.
On December 27, a gang entered the Punjab National Bank ATM at Sector 7, Nanak Nagar and decamped with the ATM containing a cash of Rs 4.01 lakh, he added.
The hunt for the rest of the members of the gang is on, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?