Attack an act of cowardice, no security lapse: Sagar
Jammu: Terming the militant attack on him as
an act of "cowardice", Jammu and Kashmir minister Ali Mohammad
Sagar on Monday said such attempts by "enemies of peace" were made
to project an abnormal situation in the state but ruled out
any security lapse.
"It was a cowardly attack and purely an act of terrorism.
My security officer, who was with me for past 15 years, left
behind three daughters and there is nobody to look after the
family. It was killing of humanity," Sagar, the Minister for
Rural Development, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs said
Sagar`s Personal Security Officer (PSO) was killed and
three others were injured in the attack by militants on the
minister`s residence in Srinagar on Sunday.
Ruling out security lapses, he said the matter is being
"We are claiming that security situation is getting better
and normalcy is returning, but enemies of peace are attempting
to project that situation is not right and abnormal.
"There was an attack on me and before that it was on our
block president. They (enemies of peace) have their programme
and we have our own and we will continue with ours," Sagar
said on the sidelights of a function of sarpanchs and panchs
in Rajouri town.
Asking officers to include the recently elected panchyati
raj representatives in formulation of plans for their
respective areas, the minister said the government has already
issued orders for empowering village heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city