Attack on Army camps: Pakistan's new game plan in Kashmir
New Delhi: Pakistan has stitched together a sinister plan to take forward its Kashmir agenda.
Sources told Zee Media that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is targeting Indian Army camps in Jammu and Kashmir to keep security forces engaged in securing their own camps and thus lose focus on their primary operational task - securing the Valley.
Of late, the Indian Army has been actively carrying out security checks across Kashmir.
The tight vigil threw a spanner in ISI's sinister plan to launch multiple terror attacks in Kashmir.
Jammu region was rocked by two terror attacks on Tuesday in which seven Army personnel, including two Major-rank officers, were killed and eight other securitymen, including a BSF DIG, were injured, before six heavily-armed terrorists were eliminated in the separate fierce encounters.
In one incident, a group of heavily-armed terrorists in police uniform stormed an Army unit in Nagrota, about three kms from the Corps headquarters on the outskirts of Jammu city this morning, triggering an intense gunbattle that lasted for hours.
In the deadliest attack on the Army in Jammu and Kashmir, heavily armed militants stormed a battalion headquarters of the Army in North Kashmir's Uri town on September 18, killing 17 jawans and injuring 20 other personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened