Attempts to undermine PRIs will not succeed: NC
Jammu: The National Conference on Tuesday said the panchayati raj institutions (PRIs) of Jammu and Kashmir will continue to gain strength and the intention of elements trying to undermine it will not be allowed to materialise.
"We reject the elements bent upon weakening the PRIs. The nefarious designs of such elements will never succeed and the tempo of PRIs will gather momentum day by day," NC MLC Shehnaz Ganai said today.
While holding a review meeting, she requested panchayat memnbers to redouble their efforts to ensure the benefits of governance reach to the grassroot level.
People are the main source of power and in a democratic setup, leadership lies in the hands of people, she said, adding the state government is committed to transfer powers to the people at grassroot level.
"Elections to panchayats were held in the state after over 30 years and the period of transition from one system to another takes some time," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender