Autorickshaw driver injured in J&K protests dies
Srinagar: An autorickshaw driver injured in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district during protests on March 8 succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Srinagar late Monday night, police said.
Riyaz Ahmad Khanday, 23, an autorickshaw driver who was attacked by stone pelters in South Kashmir Mattan town of Anantnag district during a protest, died in Srinagar`s Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura.
Four people have been arrested for the death of Khanday, who had allegedly plied his autorickshaw during a shutdown in the town.
With Khanday`s death, the toll in the violence that followed the hanging of Afzal Guru has risen to five.
Two youths drowned during protests allegedly after being chased by security forces in North Kashmir`s Ganderbal district. A boy was killed in firing by security forces in North Kashmir`s Watergam village and another youth was killed in another firing incident by security forces in Baramulla town on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH