Autorickshaw driver injured in J&K protests dies
Srinagar: An autorickshaw driver injured in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district during protests on March 8 succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Srinagar late Monday night, police said.
Riyaz Ahmad Khanday, 23, an autorickshaw driver who was attacked by stone pelters in South Kashmir Mattan town of Anantnag district during a protest, died in Srinagar`s Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura.
Four people have been arrested for the death of Khanday, who had allegedly plied his autorickshaw during a shutdown in the town.
With Khanday`s death, the toll in the violence that followed the hanging of Afzal Guru has risen to five.
Two youths drowned during protests allegedly after being chased by security forces in North Kashmir`s Ganderbal district. A boy was killed in firing by security forces in North Kashmir`s Watergam village and another youth was killed in another firing incident by security forces in Baramulla town on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US