Autorickshaw driver injured in J&K protests dies
Srinagar: An autorickshaw driver injured in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district during protests on March 8 succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Srinagar late Monday night, police said.
Riyaz Ahmad Khanday, 23, an autorickshaw driver who was attacked by stone pelters in South Kashmir Mattan town of Anantnag district during a protest, died in Srinagar`s Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura.
Four people have been arrested for the death of Khanday, who had allegedly plied his autorickshaw during a shutdown in the town.
With Khanday`s death, the toll in the violence that followed the hanging of Afzal Guru has risen to five.
Two youths drowned during protests allegedly after being chased by security forces in North Kashmir`s Ganderbal district. A boy was killed in firing by security forces in North Kashmir`s Watergam village and another youth was killed in another firing incident by security forces in Baramulla town on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought