Autorickshaw driver injured in J&K protests dies
Srinagar: An autorickshaw driver injured in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district during protests on March 8 succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Srinagar late Monday night, police said.
Riyaz Ahmad Khanday, 23, an autorickshaw driver who was attacked by stone pelters in South Kashmir Mattan town of Anantnag district during a protest, died in Srinagar`s Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura.
Four people have been arrested for the death of Khanday, who had allegedly plied his autorickshaw during a shutdown in the town.
With Khanday`s death, the toll in the violence that followed the hanging of Afzal Guru has risen to five.
Two youths drowned during protests allegedly after being chased by security forces in North Kashmir`s Ganderbal district. A boy was killed in firing by security forces in North Kashmir`s Watergam village and another youth was killed in another firing incident by security forces in Baramulla town on March 5.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview