Autorickshaw driver injured in J&K protests dies
Srinagar: An autorickshaw driver injured in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district during protests on March 8 succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Srinagar late Monday night, police said.
Riyaz Ahmad Khanday, 23, an autorickshaw driver who was attacked by stone pelters in South Kashmir Mattan town of Anantnag district during a protest, died in Srinagar`s Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura.
Four people have been arrested for the death of Khanday, who had allegedly plied his autorickshaw during a shutdown in the town.
With Khanday`s death, the toll in the violence that followed the hanging of Afzal Guru has risen to five.
Two youths drowned during protests allegedly after being chased by security forces in North Kashmir`s Ganderbal district. A boy was killed in firing by security forces in North Kashmir`s Watergam village and another youth was killed in another firing incident by security forces in Baramulla town on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert