Avalanche warning for higher parts of J&K
Srinagar: With most parts of Jammu and Kashmir experiencing fresh spell of snowfall, authorities on Monday issued a high and medium-danger avalanche warning for higher parts of the state asking people living there to avoid venturing into steep slopes during the next 24 hours.
"On the basis of information from SASE, Jammu and Kashmir State Disaster Management Authority has issued High Danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg and Khilanmarg in Gulmarg sector and higher reaches of north Kashmir`s Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts and Kargil in frontier region of Ladakh," an official spokesman said.
He said a medium danger warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch and Rajouri in Jammu region, Pulwama and Kulgam in south and Budgam and Ganderbal districts in central Kashmir.
"People living in these snowbound areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture on steep slopes. The warning is valid for the next 24 hours," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, weather office has predicted moderate to rather heavy rain or snow at most places over the state during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble