Avalanche warning for higher parts of J&K
Srinagar: With most parts of Jammu and Kashmir experiencing fresh spell of snowfall, authorities on Monday issued a high and medium-danger avalanche warning for higher parts of the state asking people living there to avoid venturing into steep slopes during the next 24 hours.
"On the basis of information from SASE, Jammu and Kashmir State Disaster Management Authority has issued High Danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg and Khilanmarg in Gulmarg sector and higher reaches of north Kashmir`s Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts and Kargil in frontier region of Ladakh," an official spokesman said.
He said a medium danger warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch and Rajouri in Jammu region, Pulwama and Kulgam in south and Budgam and Ganderbal districts in central Kashmir.
"People living in these snowbound areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture on steep slopes. The warning is valid for the next 24 hours," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, weather office has predicted moderate to rather heavy rain or snow at most places over the state during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi genuine in his desire to have good relations with Pakistan: Ajit Doval
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh