Avalanche warning for higher parts of J&K
Srinagar: With most parts of Jammu and Kashmir experiencing fresh spell of snowfall, authorities on Monday issued a high and medium-danger avalanche warning for higher parts of the state asking people living there to avoid venturing into steep slopes during the next 24 hours.
"On the basis of information from SASE, Jammu and Kashmir State Disaster Management Authority has issued High Danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg and Khilanmarg in Gulmarg sector and higher reaches of north Kashmir`s Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts and Kargil in frontier region of Ladakh," an official spokesman said.
He said a medium danger warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch and Rajouri in Jammu region, Pulwama and Kulgam in south and Budgam and Ganderbal districts in central Kashmir.
"People living in these snowbound areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture on steep slopes. The warning is valid for the next 24 hours," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, weather office has predicted moderate to rather heavy rain or snow at most places over the state during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH