Avalanche warning for higher parts of J&K
Srinagar: With most parts of Jammu and Kashmir experiencing fresh spell of snowfall, authorities on Monday issued a high and medium-danger avalanche warning for higher parts of the state asking people living there to avoid venturing into steep slopes during the next 24 hours.
"On the basis of information from SASE, Jammu and Kashmir State Disaster Management Authority has issued High Danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg and Khilanmarg in Gulmarg sector and higher reaches of north Kashmir`s Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts and Kargil in frontier region of Ladakh," an official spokesman said.
He said a medium danger warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch and Rajouri in Jammu region, Pulwama and Kulgam in south and Budgam and Ganderbal districts in central Kashmir.
"People living in these snowbound areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture on steep slopes. The warning is valid for the next 24 hours," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, weather office has predicted moderate to rather heavy rain or snow at most places over the state during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr