Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a
avalanche warning in higher reaches of Kashmir valley close to
the Line of Control following heavy snowfall over the weekend.
"On the basis of information received from Snow and
Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), a medium danger
avalanche warning has been issued for higher reaches in
Kashmir valley," Coordinator Natural Disaster Management Cell
Aamir Ali said.
The official said the areas prone to avalanches include
Anantnag, Pulwama, Shopian and Kulgam in south Kashmir and
north Kashmir areas of Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora and
Macchil, Tangdhar, Keran, Drass and Gurez areas, falling
along the Line of Control, are also covered under the warning,
"People living in these areas have been advised to avoid
movement during snowfall and not to venture on steep slopes
and close to avalanche prone areas," Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people