Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Authorities on Sunday issued an avalanche warning for the higher reaches of the Kashmir Valley, advising them to move about with utmost caution.
Aamir Ali, head of disaster management in the valley, said: "Medium danger avalanche warning is issued for people living in Keran, Tangdhar, Machil, Chowkibal, Gurez, Bannihal, Uri and Gulmarg areas.
"People are advised to take precaution and not to venture about in avalanche-prone areas."
There has been heavy snowfall in the higher reaches in the past three days. The weather office has forecast "fair weather" in the Kashmir Valley from Monday.
After remaining closed for two days, the busy Jammu-Srinagar highway was reopened for traffic on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row