Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: With snowfall continuing across Kashmir Valley, authorities on Friday issued a warning about a "high danger" avalanche in several areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara and Bandipora districts.
"High danger avalanche warning has been issued for higher reaches of Naugam and Kaiyan near the LoC in Kupwara and Gurez sector of Bandipora district for the next 24 hours," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said here.
He said "medium danger" avalanche warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Tangdhar, Keran, Machil sectors in Kupwara and Gulmarg and Uri sectors in Baramulla and Sonamarg on Srinagar-leh national highway.
"People staying in snow-bound areas of these locations have been advised not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj