Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: With snowfall continuing across Kashmir Valley, authorities on Friday issued a warning about a "high danger" avalanche in several areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara and Bandipora districts.
"High danger avalanche warning has been issued for higher reaches of Naugam and Kaiyan near the LoC in Kupwara and Gurez sector of Bandipora district for the next 24 hours," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said here.
He said "medium danger" avalanche warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Tangdhar, Keran, Machil sectors in Kupwara and Gulmarg and Uri sectors in Baramulla and Sonamarg on Srinagar-leh national highway.
"People staying in snow-bound areas of these locations have been advised not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh