Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: With snowfall continuing across Kashmir Valley, authorities on Friday issued a warning about a "high danger" avalanche in several areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara and Bandipora districts.
"High danger avalanche warning has been issued for higher reaches of Naugam and Kaiyan near the LoC in Kupwara and Gurez sector of Bandipora district for the next 24 hours," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said here.
He said "medium danger" avalanche warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Tangdhar, Keran, Machil sectors in Kupwara and Gulmarg and Uri sectors in Baramulla and Sonamarg on Srinagar-leh national highway.
"People staying in snow-bound areas of these locations have been advised not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH