Avalanche warning in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: With snowfall continuing across Kashmir Valley, authorities on Friday issued a warning about a "high danger" avalanche in several areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara and Bandipora districts.
"High danger avalanche warning has been issued for higher reaches of Naugam and Kaiyan near the LoC in Kupwara and Gurez sector of Bandipora district for the next 24 hours," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said here.
He said "medium danger" avalanche warning has also been issued for higher reaches of Chowkibal, Tangdhar, Keran, Machil sectors in Kupwara and Gulmarg and Uri sectors in Baramulla and Sonamarg on Srinagar-leh national highway.
"People staying in snow-bound areas of these locations have been advised not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players