Avalanche warning in Kashmir
Srinagar: A medium danger avalanche warning was on Wednesday issued for some snow-bound areas of Kashmir Valley.
The avalanche warning has been issued for snowbound areas of Chowkibal and Tangdhar areas (Kupwara district) by the Jammu and Kashmir State Disaster Management Authority on the basis of information provided by SASE, an official spokesman said.
The warning is valid for the next 24 hours.
"People living in these areas have been advised to take precautionary measures," he added.
Snow avalanches are common in higher reaches of Kashmir after winter months due to fresh downpour or melting of snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security