Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: Authorities in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday issued avalanche warnings for residents of the Keran and Sonamarg areas and asked the people not to venture out of their homes at night.
The Chowkibal-Tangdhar, Machil-Tangdhar and Tangdhar-Keran roads have been closed for vehicular traffic for the next two days, said an official statement citing directions from the sub-divisional magistrate.
"Due to avalanche warning, people of Keran have been asked to be cautious while moving out of their houses during day and to restrict their movement during night," it said.
Due to a medium-danger avalanche warning in Sonamarg, people have been advised to avoid movement during snowfall and to keep clearing snow from the roof-tops of their houses "to avoid any causality due to roof collapse".
While the weather office has forecast dry weather in the valley in the next six days, authorities fear snowfall in mountainous higher reaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases