Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Jammu: A high-danger avalanche warning was Monday issued in Jammu and Kashmir for higher reaches of the Kashmir valley and Kargil district of Ladakh following heavy snowfall.
"On the basis of information from the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), we have issued a high-danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg, Khilanmarg and higher reaches of Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora and Kargil districts," said an official of the state disaster management authority here.
A medium-danger warning was issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch, Rajouri in Jammu region, and for Pulwama, Kulgam, Badgam and Ganderbal districts in the valley.
People living in these areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture out on steep slopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead