Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Jammu: A high-danger avalanche warning was Monday issued in Jammu and Kashmir for higher reaches of the Kashmir valley and Kargil district of Ladakh following heavy snowfall.
"On the basis of information from the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), we have issued a high-danger avalanche warning for hilly areas of Tangmarg, Khilanmarg and higher reaches of Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora and Kargil districts," said an official of the state disaster management authority here.
A medium-danger warning was issued for higher reaches of Banihal, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch, Rajouri in Jammu region, and for Pulwama, Kulgam, Badgam and Ganderbal districts in the valley.
People living in these areas have been requested to take precautions and not to venture out on steep slopes.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May