Azad launches field operations of NPR project in Doda
Doda: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today launched field operations of National Population Register (NPR) project in the district and urged people to register themselves in the country`s flagship programme.
Azad said the objective of the project is to ensure that the benefits of various schemes and programmes reach the right target apart from ensuring better security and prevention of identity fraud.
NPR is a comprehensive identity database maintained by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The project provides biometric solutions and involves data digitisation, multi-modal data.
The J&K government had approved the implementation of NPR project in the state last year.
Azad, during his day-long tour, also inaugurated new Inpatient Department (IPD) block in the district hospital here, constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 24.22 crore.
The Union Minister also laid foundation stone of Kissan Ghar-cum-Community Hall at Doda which is being constructed under Member of Parliament Local Area Development Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees