Azad launches field operations of NPR project in Doda
Doda: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today launched field operations of National Population Register (NPR) project in the district and urged people to register themselves in the country`s flagship programme.
Azad said the objective of the project is to ensure that the benefits of various schemes and programmes reach the right target apart from ensuring better security and prevention of identity fraud.
NPR is a comprehensive identity database maintained by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The project provides biometric solutions and involves data digitisation, multi-modal data.
The J&K government had approved the implementation of NPR project in the state last year.
Azad, during his day-long tour, also inaugurated new Inpatient Department (IPD) block in the district hospital here, constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 24.22 crore.
The Union Minister also laid foundation stone of Kissan Ghar-cum-Community Hall at Doda which is being constructed under Member of Parliament Local Area Development Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!