Azad launches field operations of NPR project in Doda
Doda: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today launched field operations of National Population Register (NPR) project in the district and urged people to register themselves in the country`s flagship programme.
Azad said the objective of the project is to ensure that the benefits of various schemes and programmes reach the right target apart from ensuring better security and prevention of identity fraud.
NPR is a comprehensive identity database maintained by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The project provides biometric solutions and involves data digitisation, multi-modal data.
The J&K government had approved the implementation of NPR project in the state last year.
Azad, during his day-long tour, also inaugurated new Inpatient Department (IPD) block in the district hospital here, constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 24.22 crore.
The Union Minister also laid foundation stone of Kissan Ghar-cum-Community Hall at Doda which is being constructed under Member of Parliament Local Area Development Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO