Azad launches field operations of NPR project in Doda
Doda: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today launched field operations of National Population Register (NPR) project in the district and urged people to register themselves in the country`s flagship programme.
Azad said the objective of the project is to ensure that the benefits of various schemes and programmes reach the right target apart from ensuring better security and prevention of identity fraud.
NPR is a comprehensive identity database maintained by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The project provides biometric solutions and involves data digitisation, multi-modal data.
The J&K government had approved the implementation of NPR project in the state last year.
Azad, during his day-long tour, also inaugurated new Inpatient Department (IPD) block in the district hospital here, constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 24.22 crore.
The Union Minister also laid foundation stone of Kissan Ghar-cum-Community Hall at Doda which is being constructed under Member of Parliament Local Area Development Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre