Baglihar project handed over to NHPC for operation: JK Govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has
handed over the 450 MW Baglihar Hydroelectric power project to
the National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC) for operation and
maintenance in the state.
"The operation and maintenance of Baglihar Hydroelectric
Power project stage-I has been handed over to the NHPC due to
non-availability of trained and experienced operation and
maintenance staff capable of handling such a mega project,"
Minister for Medical Education and Sports R S Chig told the
Legislative Council Thursday.
There is non-availability of trained staff capable of
operating and maintaining a mega project like Baglihar within
the Jammu and Kashmir state power development corporation, he
In addition to operation and maintenance of the plant,
NHPC will also train JKSPDC staff and engineers for handling
such big projects in future.
The Minister further said the second phase of the 450
MW of Baglihar project would start during the next financial
year and a detailed project report (DPR) has been formulated
with an expenditure of Rs 2,008 crore and the target of
completion has been set as 2014-15.
He further said all precautions and norms have been
undertaken while impounding Baglihar reservoir and studies
have been conducted through a expert of national agency
geological survey of India.
Due to commissioning of Baglihar, power situation in J&K
has improved as 50 per cent of generation from this project is
being procured by J&K, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics