Baglihar project handed over to NHPC for operation: JK Govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has
handed over the 450 MW Baglihar Hydroelectric power project to
the National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC) for operation and
maintenance in the state.
"The operation and maintenance of Baglihar Hydroelectric
Power project stage-I has been handed over to the NHPC due to
non-availability of trained and experienced operation and
maintenance staff capable of handling such a mega project,"
Minister for Medical Education and Sports R S Chig told the
Legislative Council Thursday.
There is non-availability of trained staff capable of
operating and maintaining a mega project like Baglihar within
the Jammu and Kashmir state power development corporation, he
In addition to operation and maintenance of the plant,
NHPC will also train JKSPDC staff and engineers for handling
such big projects in future.
The Minister further said the second phase of the 450
MW of Baglihar project would start during the next financial
year and a detailed project report (DPR) has been formulated
with an expenditure of Rs 2,008 crore and the target of
completion has been set as 2014-15.
He further said all precautions and norms have been
undertaken while impounding Baglihar reservoir and studies
have been conducted through a expert of national agency
geological survey of India.
Due to commissioning of Baglihar, power situation in J&K
has improved as 50 per cent of generation from this project is
being procured by J&K, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India