Bamezai appointed as Vaishno Devi University VC in J&K
Jammu: Eminent scientist and professor of
Jawahar Lal Nehru (JNU) University, R N K Bamezai has been
appointed as Vice-Chancellor of Vaishno Devi University in
Jammu and Kashmir.
State Governor N N Vohra, who is also Chancellor of the
varsity has appointed Bamezai, a doctorate in Human Genetics
from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Bamezai is currently working as professor of Genetics and
is the Director of National Centre of Applied Genetics, School
of Life Sciences at JNU.
Bamezai is credited with more than 29 years of experience
in teaching and has been selected by a panel headed by
Goverdhan Mehta, National Research Professor, India Institute
of Science, Bangalore.
He is expected to take over his new post later this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!