Batch of 1,021 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 27th batch of 1,021 Amarnath yatra pilgrims Tuesday left for the holy shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
As many as 179 women and 11 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0515 hours this morning in a cavalcade of vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine.
With today`s batch, as many as 71,208 pilgrims have left Jammu in 27 batches for their onward journey to Amarnath.
Till last night, around 5.72 lakh pilgrims had darshan at the cave shrine.
The yatra is scheduled to end on August 13, coinciding with the Hindu festival of `Raksha Bandhan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information