Batch of 1,021 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 27th batch of 1,021 Amarnath yatra pilgrims Tuesday left for the holy shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
As many as 179 women and 11 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0515 hours this morning in a cavalcade of vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine.
With today`s batch, as many as 71,208 pilgrims have left Jammu in 27 batches for their onward journey to Amarnath.
Till last night, around 5.72 lakh pilgrims had darshan at the cave shrine.
The yatra is scheduled to end on August 13, coinciding with the Hindu festival of `Raksha Bandhan`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living