Batch of 1,021 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 27th batch of 1,021 Amarnath yatra pilgrims Tuesday left for the holy shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
As many as 179 women and 11 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0515 hours this morning in a cavalcade of vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine.
With today`s batch, as many as 71,208 pilgrims have left Jammu in 27 batches for their onward journey to Amarnath.
Till last night, around 5.72 lakh pilgrims had darshan at the cave shrine.
The yatra is scheduled to end on August 13, coinciding with the Hindu festival of `Raksha Bandhan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?