Batch of 1,021 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 27th batch of 1,021 Amarnath yatra pilgrims Tuesday left for the holy shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
As many as 179 women and 11 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0515 hours this morning in a cavalcade of vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine.
With today`s batch, as many as 71,208 pilgrims have left Jammu in 27 batches for their onward journey to Amarnath.
Till last night, around 5.72 lakh pilgrims had darshan at the cave shrine.
The yatra is scheduled to end on August 13, coinciding with the Hindu festival of `Raksha Bandhan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics