Batch of 1,021 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 27th batch of 1,021 Amarnath yatra pilgrims Tuesday left for the holy shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
As many as 179 women and 11 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0515 hours this morning in a cavalcade of vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine.
With today`s batch, as many as 71,208 pilgrims have left Jammu in 27 batches for their onward journey to Amarnath.
Till last night, around 5.72 lakh pilgrims had darshan at the cave shrine.
The yatra is scheduled to end on August 13, coinciding with the Hindu festival of `Raksha Bandhan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation