Batch of 1,871 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 1,871 pilgrims on Friday left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of 61 vehicles, carrying 1,871 devotees, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 04.45 AM for the upward journey of the Amarnath cave shrine, police said here today.
The 16th batch of pilgrims, including 1,404 men, 365 women and 27 children, apart from 75 priests, are on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, a total of 34,694 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday