Batch of 1,871 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 1,871 pilgrims on Friday left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of 61 vehicles, carrying 1,871 devotees, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 04.45 AM for the upward journey of the Amarnath cave shrine, police said here today.
The 16th batch of pilgrims, including 1,404 men, 365 women and 27 children, apart from 75 priests, are on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, a total of 34,694 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie