Batch of 1,871 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 1,871 pilgrims on Friday left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of 61 vehicles, carrying 1,871 devotees, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 04.45 AM for the upward journey of the Amarnath cave shrine, police said here today.
The 16th batch of pilgrims, including 1,404 men, 365 women and 27 children, apart from 75 priests, are on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, a total of 34,694 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket