Batch of 559 devotees leaves for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 559 devotees left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of 17 vehicles carrying the 29th batch of 559 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.00 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch, including 427 men, 80 women and 02 children, apart from 50 priests, is on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 48,274 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre