Batch of 793 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a batch of 793 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath yatra from here, police said.
As many as 378 men, 84 women, 6 children and 325 sadhus left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0500 hours this morning in a cavalcade of 23 vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
With today`s batch, as many as 74,799 pilgrims have left Jammu in 30th batches for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply