Batch of 793 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a batch of 793 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath yatra from here, police said.
As many as 378 men, 84 women, 6 children and 325 sadhus left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0500 hours this morning in a cavalcade of 23 vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
With today`s batch, as many as 74,799 pilgrims have left Jammu in 30th batches for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters