Batch of 793 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a batch of 793 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath yatra from here, police said.
As many as 378 men, 84 women, 6 children and 325 sadhus left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here around 0500 hours this morning in a cavalcade of 23 vehicles for the 13,500-feet high cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
With today`s batch, as many as 74,799 pilgrims have left Jammu in 30th batches for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO