`Be catalyst in political stability of J&K`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Tuesday asked his National Conference workers and
office bearers to be a catalyst in the socio-economic and
political stability of the state and make the masses aware
about the programmes and policies of the government.
"You should be an important catalyst in the
socio-economic and political stability of the state and show
your strength to detractors by the unity and universal public
service," Omar said addressing a party meeting in central
Kashmir Budgam district on Tuesday.
Omar asked the party workers to make the people aware at
all levels about the new and innovative measures the present
government has taken for the holistic and equitable
development of the state.
"Your voice is the voice of people and it will be given
due weightage to address the public grievances and ensure
justice to all," he said.
The Chief Minister said the NC workers should uphold the
high principles of amity, brotherhood, equality and compassion
even for those who do not belong to party`s political
He said history bears testimony for the sacrifices
National Conference has rendered to uphold public cause under
Omar asserted that the party would continue to espouse
its stand for peace, development and political stability of
Asserting that the "false propaganda" against National
Conference stands no water, Omar said people of the state
recognise the elements who inimical towards the NC as their
only political mannerism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing