Be stakeholder in J&K growth: Guv to entrepreneurs
Srinagar: Young entrepreneurs should invest in Jammu and Kashmir and become stakeholders in its rapid economic growth, state Governor NN Vohra has said.
"Young entrepreneurs should come forward in a big way and invest in the State and become stakeholders in the rapid economic growth of Jammu and Kashmir," Vohra said interacting with a delegation of Delhi chapter of Young FICCI Ladies Organisation (YFLO) here on Friday.
Asserting that the state`s future is very bright with increasing investments, Vohra said the overall environment has been speedily looking up and this year, up till yesterday, over 10.6 lakh tourists had visited the Kashmir Valley.
"It is a matter of great satisfaction," he said, adding, "There is need for building the required capacities to meet the rapidly emerging requirement of tourist infrastructure."
The young entrepreneurs have an important role to play in this arena to supplement the efforts of the Government to establish the required standards of hotels and restaurants, transport services, entertainment avenues, good roads and safe traffic arrangements, he said.
Referring to the industrial sector, the governor said there is a high potential for the growth of this sector, particularly for the production of environment friendly high value goods.
Replying to queries of the delegates, the governor stressed the importance of reviving and promoting ethical values and securing balanced and equitable growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?