Be stakeholder in J&K growth: Guv to entrepreneurs
Srinagar: Young entrepreneurs should invest in Jammu and Kashmir and become stakeholders in its rapid economic growth, state Governor NN Vohra has said.
"Young entrepreneurs should come forward in a big way and invest in the State and become stakeholders in the rapid economic growth of Jammu and Kashmir," Vohra said interacting with a delegation of Delhi chapter of Young FICCI Ladies Organisation (YFLO) here on Friday.
Asserting that the state`s future is very bright with increasing investments, Vohra said the overall environment has been speedily looking up and this year, up till yesterday, over 10.6 lakh tourists had visited the Kashmir Valley.
"It is a matter of great satisfaction," he said, adding, "There is need for building the required capacities to meet the rapidly emerging requirement of tourist infrastructure."
The young entrepreneurs have an important role to play in this arena to supplement the efforts of the Government to establish the required standards of hotels and restaurants, transport services, entertainment avenues, good roads and safe traffic arrangements, he said.
Referring to the industrial sector, the governor said there is a high potential for the growth of this sector, particularly for the production of environment friendly high value goods.
Replying to queries of the delegates, the governor stressed the importance of reviving and promoting ethical values and securing balanced and equitable growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145