Bhaderwah in J&K shook by fresh tremors, no loss
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors of low intensity today shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas, triggering fresh panic among the people.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury due to the very low intensity tremors that shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas at 1:10 am and 7:16 am.
Panic-stricken people rushed out of their houses.
A Met official confirmed the tremors but said they were very low in magnitude.
A quake of 3.4 on the Richter scale was recorded at 10:24 AM yesterday with epicentre located 10 kms from Bhaderwah, the official said.
Today`s was 19th tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during past one week with maximum 11 on Wednesday last. One tremor struck Bhadwerwah on April 31, 11 occurred on May 1, three on May 2, one on May 3, one on May 5 and two today.
Two persons, including a shepherd, were killed and 69 others injured when scores of buildings were damaged due to repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts of Jammu and Kashmir on May 1.
A tremor measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale was recorded at 12:27 PM and subsequent 10 aftershocks continued till 3:02 PM in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly twin districts of Kishtwar and Doda.
As per initial reports, over 150 buildings including schools, hospitals, government buildings and private houses suffered partial damages in Bhaderwah belt, while 220 houses were cracked and suffered minor damages in Thanala village on Bhaderwah-Chamba border belt due to tremors.
The important buildings which suffered major damages included All India Radio building, Bhaderwah Development Authority (BDA) building, Hospital and Higher secondary school, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves