Bhaderwah in J&K shook by fresh tremors, no loss
Bhaderwah: Fresh tremors of low intensity today shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas, triggering fresh panic among the people.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury due to the very low intensity tremors that shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas at 1:10 am and 7:16 am.
Panic-stricken people rushed out of their houses.
A Met official confirmed the tremors but said they were very low in magnitude.
A quake of 3.4 on the Richter scale was recorded at 10:24 AM yesterday with epicentre located 10 kms from Bhaderwah, the official said.
Today`s was 19th tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during past one week with maximum 11 on Wednesday last. One tremor struck Bhadwerwah on April 31, 11 occurred on May 1, three on May 2, one on May 3, one on May 5 and two today.
Two persons, including a shepherd, were killed and 69 others injured when scores of buildings were damaged due to repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts of Jammu and Kashmir on May 1.
A tremor measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale was recorded at 12:27 PM and subsequent 10 aftershocks continued till 3:02 PM in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly twin districts of Kishtwar and Doda.
As per initial reports, over 150 buildings including schools, hospitals, government buildings and private houses suffered partial damages in Bhaderwah belt, while 220 houses were cracked and suffered minor damages in Thanala village on Bhaderwah-Chamba border belt due to tremors.
The important buildings which suffered major damages included All India Radio building, Bhaderwah Development Authority (BDA) building, Hospital and Higher secondary school, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley